hgrail.zip
Contains GRAIL.GAM
For all systems. To play, you'll need a TADS 2 Interpreter - visit tads.org for interpreter downloads. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)
HolyGrail.dms
Amiga Application
hgrail.sol
solution

The Holy Grail

by Jim MacBrayne

Cave crawl/Arthurian
1989

The consequences to be faced if you fail in your mission are dire indeed. Are you up to the challenge? [blurb from The (Other) TADS Games List version 1.2]

IFID: TADS2-F85EA0CC9756A7CB319B830E1B73862C
TUID: 1ssyg56mcsnq5kqq

My travels took me through some 140 locations and so detailed and well written were their descriptions that I even enjoyed wandering into a few dead ends. As Yaggra had said in the introductory text, "A degree of risk does exist, but any goal worth achieving is made the sweeter by the pleasure of the chase." This was an observation with which I had to concur and my pleasure at reaching the end was tempered only by the realisation that there were no more places to visit or problems to solve.
-- Neil Shipman

The Jim MacBrayne games
It can't fairly be said that these are terrific examples of their kind; they're flawed in several respects on the design front. But they're solidly put together, and nostalgic old-style IF buffs just might enjoy one of them; Holy Grail is probably the best of the lot, but there's not much to distinguish them. For most of us, though, the main function of Jim MacBrayne's games is to offer some perspective on where IF has come.
-- Duncan Stevens

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Edward Lacey on 19 May 2013 at 7:29am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item