Story file

Ninja's Fate

by Hannes Schueller profile

Surreal
2010

Sent by his village elders to retrieve a stolen gold idol, a ninja finds himself in a Panksian world. Little does he know his true destiny is waiting for him here...

First Publication Date: October 1, 2010
IFID: 63530112-24C7-4925-87FD-52443F25DD17
TUID: 1njc6utpnirm9i1s

21st Place - 16th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2010)

A Paul Panks memorial, June 5, 2017
This game is a tribute to Paul Allen Panks, deceased, famous for submitting numerous games to the IFComp which were generally not well received.

I never played a Panks game myself, but I've read a lot about them. This game includes an actual museum to Panks that is quite detailed.

The main game seems to reference Panks' 2 Ninja games, and also the fact that much of his work was unfinished.

If you enjoyed Ninja's Fate...

People who like Ninja's Fate also gave high ratings to these games:

Moon Goon, by Caleb Wilson
A skilled courier of Saturnine encounters a cruel predicament. Written for ECTOCOMP 2018.

Niney, by Daniel Spitz
Explore the nature of relationships and identity on a weird train. Author's Comment: "We all ask ourselves, "Who am I?" One of the ways we try to answer this question is by examining the effects we have on other people. We look at our...

Coin toss, by Simon Deimel
Hanging around with your homie. There is not much to do, or is it? A very short diversion.

Ninja's Fate appears in the following Recommended Lists:

This Is Actually For a Class... by shorton2008
Me attempting to fulfill requirements for a course I am taking.

The following polls include votes for Ninja's Fate:

Games with multiple endings by tggdan3
Obviously not counting "death" as an ending, but non-successful ends can count if there are other successful ends. Variation in endings should at least vary the ending somewhat (as opposed to be an extra word or two).

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Hannes on 4 November 2011 at 3:54am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item