The Legend of the Missing Hat

by Adri profile

Humor
2012

A cute, short game about four tiny ninjas in a bedroom, June 7, 2016
This game was entered in the cover stories competition, where cover art was provided first, and games were developed based on them.

You play as a tiny ninja that lives under a bed. You're job is to go around the room, cheering up your comrades one at a time in a classic linear type puzzle system.

The writing is compact and cute, and the game is short. I recommend it for a light snack. I did get stuck at the very end.

Short but funny, March 30, 2014
I'm thirty-something-years old and loved Zork as a kid/teen, but I never finished it and I don't have a very long attention-span for puzzles.

My six-year-old and I enjoyed this game together. It really is funny, in a very straightforward way.

I'm giving this one an extra star for being something quite young kids could enjoy.

Short and cute, June 11, 2013
Title pretty much says it. Super cute game, super short. I think part of the adorableness is imagining everything at the scale described in the game. Just trying to picture the tiny little ninjas made me happy. I liked that they were also given their own little personalities with the bit of dialogue they had.

I loved it, but you need to know what you're in for. Takes maybe about 10 minutes. The "puzzles" are very straightforward and the game dialogue guides you through pretty well.

Nice little diversion, May 10, 2013
This is a small, fun little game. No complexity to it and as reported in other reviews, no real depth to either the implementation or scenery. But, a joy to play and a nice little diversion.

Fun Little Ninjas, October 16, 2012
These little ninjas get ya every time.
Note: this rating is not included in the game's average.

Short and sweet, June 20, 2012
A nice beginner game. Very simple but charming. Not very complex, but well done. Also the idea of tiny ninjas is extremely cute.

As advertised: tiny, June 17, 2012
by Emily Short
Related reviews: cover stories
This is an extremely short, extremely easy puzzle game, as advertised: I think it took me between five and ten minutes to play completely. It's sweet and cheerful, and takes place on a miniaturized landscape, as the main character is a ninja perhaps a half-inch tall.

Implementation and scenery are not as deep as in, say, Sara Dee's "Mite" or Ryan Veeder's "You've Got a Stew Going!", but the central concept is similar, in that familiar household objects and critters function differently when the scale is drastically altered.