Latest Version

Zigamus: Zombies at Vigamus

by Marco Vallarino

Vigamus, the Video Game Museum of Rome, has been attacked by zombies. To save it from the monsters, you can only count on your brain and the relics and gadgets exhibited in the building.

This game is also available in Italian at www.vigamus.com

First Publication Date: October 1, 2016
IFID: ZCODE-1-160928-84E7
TUID: 1kvcio22np3gieo9

31st Place - 22nd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2016)

The Breakfast Review
Set as it is in a museum dedicated to video games, this whole romp is a bit of a love letter to the medium. It seems clear enough that the author knows his video games, and artifacts from those games figure as essential items to be used on this quest for zombie extermination. The tone is both silly and self-aware: at one point, we are literally told that we are in a text adventure and that we should study the relevant tropes. The author is clearly having a bit of fun, and there's no reason why we should not as well.

A zombie game leaning on video game tropes and history, May 9, 2017
This game has an entertaining premise: zombies have attacked Vigamus, the video game museum, and you have to use video game powers to save the museum.

But it falls flat with missing synonyms, sexist humor, and an overly zany plot. Others have definitely enjoyed it (it has some great ratings on textadventures.co.uk) but it didn't suit me personally.

If you enjoyed Zigamus: Zombies at Vigamus...