C64adv.zip *
Sols2.zip *
solution
VMC10_073D.zip *
Contains VMC10.exe
Type CLOAD & hit ENTER. Select TUTSTOMB.​C10 in the JimG subdirectory of the Cassette directory. Type RUN...
Windows Application (Windows XP and later)

King Tut's Tomb

by Greg Hassett

1979

Development System: BASIC
TUID: 16dfu06zzfijcsdn

An old dungeon crawl., November 23, 2010
I recently played this game on a Commodore 64 emulator, for nostalgia reasons, since I had the game on an Commodore 64 when I was a kid. I read that Hassett wrote these games when he was 12 years old in 1979, so I think that it was a pretty good effort for his age. It's basically a maze with a very limited 2 word parser, however, there is some limited interaction with some random characters and the mazes work well. Good for when you feel up for a good treasure hunt. (Spoiler - click to show)I scored 175 out of 175 points, but do not know if there is a way to end the game without quitting or dying, because I was missing 15 bonus points out of the 32 bonus points, for the Commodore port, and wonder if there are some additional actions to be taken in the Tomb.

King Tut's Tomb on IFDB

King Tut's Tomb appears in the following Recommended Lists:

This is version 4 of this page, edited by jgerrie on 18 October 2014 at 9:23am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item