Story file

Fantastic Finale IV

by Derek Sutcliffe

RPG
2009

In this short one-room game, you play as someone playing an RPG late at night. It's now the final boss battle against the Grue Lord. You're determined to finish this game no matter what, but can you win quickly enough and then get enough sleep so you can also pass your history exam in the morning?

First Publication Date: October 15, 2009
IFID: D2F54B15-DEDD-4FBA-90AD-B3C9AFCDF740
TUID: 1149rau6qbwpsufm

1st Place - GameplayComp

Brass Lantern
GameplayComp Reviews
Derek Sutcliff would be the first - and in fact is the first - to stress that his "Fantastic Finale IV" isn't a serious attempt at making a really good game. Instead, it is a short example that shows how you could implement jRPG-style party-based combat in an interactive fiction. In true Final Fantasy style, we have a "black mage", a "white mage" and a "fighter"; although I doubt that they would be called Adam, Emly and Gram if Square Enix had had their say. Each of the characters has several attacks, and you must choose between them and optimise your strategy so that you can defeat the boss enemy.

Fantastic Finale IV on IFDB

Fantastic Finale IV appears in the following Recommended Lists:

My new walkthroughs for February 2020 by David Welbourn
On Thursday February 27, 2020, I published new walkthroughs for the games and stories listed below! Some of these were paid for by my wonderful patrons at Patreon. Please consider supporting me to make even more new walkthroughs for...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 27 February 2020 at 11:39pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item