Evita Sempai

by Florencia Rumpel Rodriguez

A woman in the fifties falls in love with an idealized version of a polemical political figure.

Language: English, Castilian (en, es)
First Publication Date: April 6, 2016
TUID: sh5jnhgsxwwu71t1

Off-Site Reviews

Christopher Huang
It seems to me that the restraint and slightness of this piece, like a haiku, leaves a void which we, players and spectators, feel compelled to fill with our interpretation and analysis. In that sense, it is a work best approached with a promise to engage, a commitment; a more casual passerby might swallow it in under a minute and barely even notice.

Emily Short's Interactive Storytelling
At times I struggled to connect with this character other than in the broadest, most abstract sense, perhaps because I lack the necessary background: Iím not familiar with, say, traditions about clothing in 1940s Argentina, so when the protagonistís sister cycles through certain garments, this doesnít signal very much to me. It might have helped me to have either a bit more detail, or a bit more context for the details that are present; others may feel differently. Still, in its general outlines this is not a story I have heard in IF form (or, really, at all) before.

Wade's Important Astrolab
The narration is direct but without much elaboration. In most cases, links telescope out to slightly longer lines of prose, showing runs of actions or little vicissitudes. In places where there's opportunity for emotionality, I felt I was expected to supply it, rather than that the prose would, but the story's shortness and modesty of exposition meant I didn't invest much.

Page Update History

v.4: 17-Dec-2017 01:13 - Autymn D. C. (Current Version) - Edit Page - Normal View
Changed language