elements.z5

Elements

by John Evans

Cave crawl
2001

"If humanity is defined by the games we play, then IF defines us as obsessed with magical caves." [--blurb from Competition Aught-One]

IFID: ZCODE-1-010928-7BBF
TUID: cyn9p3cjnwrbkemi

Off-Site Reviews

So good implementation is a must, but a pure puzzle game could probably get by with a few minor bugs, so long as they don't ruin the puzzles the way the bugs in Elements do. I would argue that the most important piece, the one overriding quality that a pure puzzle game must have in order to succeed, is good puzzle design. Sadly, Elements lacks this crucial factor as well. I suppose it's just barely possible that someone might struggle through this game without recourse to hints, but I doubt such a person exists.

Page Update History

v.3: 24-Apr-2008 11:32 - Paul O'Brian (Current Version) - Edit Page - Normal View
Changed external review links