Windows version 1.0 *
Windows Application (Windows 2000 and later)
Mac version 1.0 *
Mac OS X Application
Linux version 1.0
Linux Application (This is a compressed file.)

Save the Date

by Chris Cornell

Dating Sim

"Itís a perfectly normal evening, and you have a quiet dinner planned with one of your friends.

And so begins one of my weirder games. Save the Date is a game about a lot of things. Friendship. Stories. Hope. Destiny. And above all else, dinner.

This is actually kind of hard. I know what I think the game is about, but the game is kind of weird and experimental, even by my standards, and I donít really want to say too much in advance. Probably best for people to play it without knowing what theyíre getting into.

Featuring music from the fantastic Francisco Cerda, Save the Date is probably the single thing I have worked on that I am most proud of. But donít just take my word for it Ė sit down, clear about an hour from your schedule, and play it for yourself.

Featuring cutting-edge tech, including old cell-phones!

Supported operating systems are: Windows 2000 or later, Mac OS X 10.4 or later, and Linux x86."

- Chris Cornell

First Publication Date: May 28, 2013
Development System: Ren'Py
TUID: az2clhanuen4lbx0

Off-Site Reviews

Rock Paper Shotgun
Wot I Think: Save The Date
Maybe Iím generalizing, but I like to think most dating sims are, on some level, about dating. Save The Date, however, sticks with the warm-and-fuzzies just as long as it needs to Ė and not a second longer. At heart, itís a visual novel, but on a high-speed collision course with tragedy, mortality, and hilariously terrible consequences. Each five-or-so-minute playthrough (adding up to an-hour-and-a-half or so total) barrages you with choices, the results of which arenít exactly happily ever after. So you try again and again and again to keep the date from going horribly wrong, and things only spiral further out of control. In that respect and many others, Save The Dateís brilliant. Even astounding, in places. The writingís quite strong, the twists hit like a remarkably stealthy 18-wheeler, and thereís far, far, far more to it than even its initial surreal streak suggests.

Page Update History