Revised
Version 2 incorporates minor bug fixes and improvements.
Original competition entry

IFIDs:  ZCODE-1-040930-35E0
ZCODE-2-051028-E070
TUID: a41gh0946u9rxc39

Off-Site Reviews

Brian Rapp's game is unique (at least in my not-so-extensive experiences with modern Interactive Fiction) in several ways. First, the multi-layered reality, through which you can move forwards and backwards, is very interesting. Second, the PC has urges in her inventory, which can be examined for tips on what to accomplish next. Third, the author uses a design gimmick, which is revealed in portions of the built-in tips and in the second walkthrough. [...]

It's a puzzle game, and sometimes thesolutions seem pretty obscure (I requested in-game hints several times). It's a good game, though, and the innovative gimmicks make it memorable.
-- Mike Snyder

Best of all, though, is the extremely clever conceptual gimmick at the heart of the game. It was subtle enough that I got through and enjoyed the whole game without recognizing it, but interesting enough that once I figured it out, it opened up new vistas for me. I definitely recommend playing this game, and I recommend not typing SECRETS until you've played through once. Then play it again -- if you're like me, you'll be too entertained not to.

Page Update History

v.7: 05-May-2013 11:43 - Edward Lacey (Current Version) - Edit Page - Normal View
v.6: 15-Nov-2008 18:32 - David Welbourn
Changed author
v.5: 07-Apr-2008 16:08 - Paul O'Brian
v.4: 07-Apr-2008 13:41 - Paul O'Brian
v.3: 06-Jan-2008 00:29 - Matt Poush
Changed IFIDs
v.2: 21-Oct-2007 19:52 - Brian Rapp
Changed cover art, publication date, version number, download links
v.1: 16-Oct-2007 01:48 - IFDB