Story File(s)
Contains fingertips I don't understand you.z5
A ZIP archive of every game in the Apollo 18+20 tribute album project
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Z-Machine Interpreter - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Fingertips: I don't understand you

by Matt Weiner

Episode 31 of Apollo 18 Tribute Album
Abuses
2012

Type what you want at the command prompt!

First Publication Date: March 26, 2012
IFID: 8F29F3AE-998C-4B2A-8931-B07F5BDDA37A
TUID: zt66jzjxkd8ptin4

Ceci n'est pas une revue, ceci est postmodernisme., April 2, 2016
Given the nature of interactive fiction, someone had to make this game eventually.

i'm just glad that it was in a context where it was actually sensible for it to have happened.

Recommended for: the commercial break of a show you're only half-watching, on a lazy Saturday morning.

A one note game, as the title suggests, February 13, 2016
For the Apollo 18 Tribute album, authors wrote 20 one-room games (and 18 larger games) based off the titles of tracks in the album.

The title of this track suggests something immediate to fans of parser fiction, and the author ran with it. They did a good job with the implementation; I imagine this was not easy to code.

If you enjoyed Fingertips: I don't understand you...

People who like Fingertips: I don't understand you also gave high ratings to these games:

Barroom Brawl, by Mathbrush
Barroom Brawl is inspired by Super Smash Brothers. Battle multiple NPC's in an all-out brawl! Use PUNCH, KICK, or direction-based smash moves to brawl your way to success!

When I Was Shot By Elephants III, by Ray
A tribute to NOM3RCY's unfinished trilogy, this story tells what really happened when i was shot by elephants.

Dual Transform, by Andrew Plotkin
This game takes place in a single room but not always the same one. The room contains just one item, but again, there's more to it than that. Experiment and enjoy.

Fingertips: I don't understand you appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Apollo 18+20 by Teaspoon
Interactive fiction games, with one game per track on the album Apollo 18 by They Might Be Giants. The regular tracks are generally short games. The Fingertips tracks are one-move games (however the authors interpreted that). The games...

The following polls include votes for Fingertips: I don't understand you:

This Is Who We Are by Sam Kabo Ashwell
A considerable number of games exist largely as the commentary of the IF community (or some subset of it) upon the medium and the community itself. These works are likely to be befuddling to outsiders, but provide windows onto blah blah...

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Teaspoon on 27 March 2016 at 12:03pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item