Commercial game not available for download.
In-Browser game
The game available in a Web browser from archive.​org.

Spellcasting 101 - Sorcerers Get All The Girls

by Steve Meretzky

Episode 1 of Spellcasting
Fantasy / Humor / Magic / Collegiate
1990

From MobyGames:

Spellcasting 101 is the first in a series of risque adventures from the mind of Steve Meretzky of Leather Goddesses of Phobos fame.

This textual liaison pits you as Ernie Eaglebeak, a student at Sorcerer University who finds himself caught in a possible Doomsday situation. Seduce the women and have fun along the way. There are many women with little clothing, although no actual nudity. The game is loaded with college type jokes (eg: Join the famous Tappa Kegga Bru or I Phelta Thi).

The game play was a development of the parser based text adventure typical of the Infocom games but included graphic images that changed as the puzzles were solved and the game progressed.

Language: English (en-US)
License: Commercial (Out of Print)
IFID: MZ-18719B2482B4F1D53550F792EAA07DBD
TUID: zqqa37wbegl3525l

You'll have a good laugh as you travel, too, for there's a lot of humour in the game, as you'd expect from Steve Meretzky. All of the characters have great surnames, my favourite being Professor Peelerofsmallfigs. There are some interesting and unusual places to visit too, including the Restaurant at the End of the Ocean and an island of Amazons. As there are two modes, naughty and nice, in which you can play the game, you can expect some, ahem, energetic activities to go on at this part of the game which is renamed the Island of Horny Women in the naughty version - shades of Leather Goddesses. I liked the way the program responded with "Oh goody!" when you went back into nice mode. (Well, I had to check it out...)

If you enjoyed Spellcasting 101 - Sorcerers Get All The Girls...

People who like Spellcasting 101 - Sorcerers Get All The Girls also gave high ratings to these games:

Border Zone, by Marc Blank
Where the Iron Curtain divides East and West, the frontier is a no man's land between freedom and captivity, a place where moments lost or precautions not taken exact a toll in men's lives. In Border Zone, you cross this barrier not...

Christminster, by Gareth Rees
"When your brother Malcolm sends you a telegram inviting you to visit him at Biblioll College in the ancient university town of Christminster, you imagine that the mysterious `discovery' he alludes to is nothing more than some esoteric...

Creatures Such As We, by Lynnea Glasser
A dating sim about how humanity connects through art, even out in the vastness of space.

Spellcasting 101 - Sorcerers Get All The Girls appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Campus Capers by Walter Sandsquish
Games set on the author's campus have the same reputation as games set at the author's home: clumsy and clunky. But, some college games have excelled ...

The following polls include votes for Spellcasting 101 - Sorcerers Get All The Girls:

Doing things backwards by Captain Mikee
Games that take traditional IF tasks and puzzles, and do them backwards or subvert them in a clever way. Thanks to olethros on raif for the inverse puzzle idea.

Games with maps... by Xionix
I started playing Counterfeit Monkey, and I notice a good map is a way for us newbies to get into the game more easy. And I hate to draw so, are any other games that got a in-game map? It can be any genre.

Games with graphics and/or sound by eyesack
I couldn't find an easy way to search for this, so I figured I'd ask the hivemind: What games use graphics and/or sound to enhance the gameplay, similar to City of Secrets and Necrotic Drift?

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Calion on 16 March 2017 at 12:00am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item