Story
Link to the html-file, playable online.

Dad and Chloe

by Romanos Fasoulis profile

Slice of life

A short story between a man and his daughter.

First Publication Date: February 10, 2014
TUID: z0ykvvi8e2pasp3x

manipulative and barely interactive, September 13, 2016
by namekuseijin (anywhere but home)
Almost like Photopia, but lacking enough fiction as well. Narrative goes as nothing but brief dialogues between dad and daughter and the tone is such that from the very beginning you know the outcome.

I usually don't care much for the outcome. The end of all things hardly is surprising. So, if there's not enough substance for thought during the journey itself, I'm left cold.

I sadly suspect twine is used more for blog entries and steaming off real life hurdles than for real fiction. In which case it's not only barely interactive as also barely fiction at all.

"You jackass, this is emotional, it empowers people to share their personal drama"

Perhaps, but so do blogs. And with comments for feedback and support.

Emotional, February 10, 2014
by Simon Deimel (Germany)
A short story about a dad and his daughter, about emotions and things that can disturb them.
I was intrigued from the very beginning, although there is hardly any interactivity in the story. The dialogues are powerful, coming to live with an authentic feeling. The ending is sad, but the reader also sees a glimmer of hope, so it is very satisfying.

The pacing is fantastic. There are some pauses and the lines of each dialogue part are not revealed all at once, but little by little... it makes the reader feel like being part of the scene.
The use of different colors is also great: the dialogues use a different color for each character to make obvious whose statement we are reading.

The prose is totally okay. There are dialogues, presented as mentioned above, and narrative parts. I recognized one or two typos, which could easily be fixed.

I recommend this story (yes, it is a story rather than a game) to everyone who likes tales that appeal to the heart.

If you enjoyed Dad and Chloe...