A Cock and Bull Story

by Theodore "Ted" C. Lim

Humor

An awkward escape-room game using common euphemisms and idioms.

First Publication Date: April 2, 2017
IFID: 47DD6E28-5FBC-4CB5-8EC9-FE0CC664F0ED
TUID: yy44tspotj9swyv3

Not bad, April 10, 2017
I didn't get very far with the game, but enjoyed the writing, as well as stumbling across or puzzling out the various combinations of objects that yield results - some of those results really quite delightful. Tiny example: (Spoiler - click to show)Breaking the window on the fourth wall unlocks some running commentary by the author.

Doing certain things makes you lose the game, but unfortunately this occurs with a few turns' delay... so the "undo" command wouldn't save my bacon (har har). I quit after losing this way a few times.

The amount of objects is a tad overwhelming, though perhaps that's hard to avoid given the game's gimmick.

I encountered a few strange bugs, none of them game-breaking. Trying to examine the hatchet a couple of times gave me information about the bird instead, for instance. And though I was allowed to take the rifle at some point, before that it seemed to parse my effort as if I were trying to take the (immobile) mantle.

Anyway, my overall impression was positive.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by liquidrain84 on 2 April 2017 at 1:44pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item