Contains tide.gam
For all systems. To play, you'll need a TADS 2 Interpreter - visit tads.org for interpreter downloads. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

The Ebb and Flow of the Tide

by Peter Nepstad profile

Part of Tales of Wonder

You have done a horrible thing, so horrible that burial will be denied you, either in soil or sea, neither can there be any hell for you. You wait for some hours, knowing this. Then your friends come for you, and slay you secretly and with ancient rite, and light great tapers, and carry you away.

First Publication Date: December 16, 2006
IFID: TADS2-7968CB10E664DC07FD49ED54B80039BF
TUID: yqyg7ktxrt53wrfa

The Ebb and Flow of the Tide is a memorable game, not least due to the efforts
of the game author. The Dunsany tale is a somewhat chilling dream sequence but
ultimately of little import; Mr. Nepstad's interpretation gave it life and

W. Doug Bolden

A strange, evocative short quasi-horror IF very much in tune with the mix of horror and myth and dream-fantasy that Lord Dunsany is known for. Very closely follows the original story and works out as a massively different type of game.

A unique game based on a Lord Dunsany story, August 15, 2017
This game is perhaps best left undescribed, as its core mechanic is so unusual. It helps to type ABOUT or (I think) COMMANDS.

The story is based off an old Dunsany Story, just like Nepstad's The Journey of the King. But this game is much more constrained than that one.

I would have rated the game higher if I hadn't been stuck so many times, trying to search for the correct commands to advance the game.

If you enjoyed The Ebb and Flow of the Tide...