Strained Tea

by Joey Jones profile

Humor

A ridiculously fiddly bare-bones tea drinking implementation. This was designed to showcase implicit actions. Source code is freely available for use.

TUID: y7863e2akuk2xzvg

Well researched study in tea making, May 20, 2018
by Divide (Wroclaw, Poland)
I loled when I “won the game” in one move I really didn't expect to work.

If you think about it, it makes a good philosophical point of how the everyday activities which we've grown to perform automatically can actually be quite complex. Reminds me of all those “you wake up in an unfamiliar apartment; you need to figure out how to make coffee here” mornings.

So many tea-related puns, so little time, September 4, 2017
Came the day when I required the correct rule formatting for pouring tea from a teapot, and lo! there was this game for me to steal code from.

I have deleted my previous uncomplimentary review and given this five stars. It seems only fair.

If you enjoyed Strained Tea...

People who like Strained Tea also gave high ratings to these games:

Disenchantment Bay, by Jacqueline A Lott (with a head start from Emily Short)
From the about text: "The Inform 7 examples collectively known as Disenchantment Bay were born of a trip that Emily Short made with Dan Shiovitz to Alaska to visit me and Sam Kabo Ashwell, many years ago. 2004, I believe it was. We...

Aisle, by Sam Barlow
"Late Thursday night. You've had a hard day and the last thing you need is this: shopping. Luckily, the place is pretty empty and you're progressing rapidly. On to the next aisle... Aisle started out as a game which would not need the...

Pick Up the Phone Booth and Aisle, by David Dyte, Steve Bernard, Dan Shiovitz, Iain Merrick, Liza Daly, John Cater, Ola Sverre Bauge, J. Robinson Wheeler, Jon Blask, Dan Schmidt, Stephen Granade, Rob Noyes, and Emily Short

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Joey Jones on 6 April 2016 at 7:42am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item