Strained Tea

by Joey Jones profile

Humor

A ridiculously fiddly bare-bones tea drinking implementation. This was designed to showcase implicit actions. Source code is freely available for use.

TUID: y7863e2akuk2xzvg

Well researched study in tea making, May 20, 2018
by Divide (Wroclaw, Poland)
I loled when I “won the game” in one move I really didn't expect to work.

If you think about it, it makes a good philosophical point of how the everyday activities which we've grown to perform automatically can actually be quite complex. Reminds me of all those “you wake up in an unfamiliar apartment; you need to figure out how to make coffee here” mornings.

So many tea-related puns, so little time, September 4, 2017
Came the day when I required the correct rule formatting for pouring tea from a teapot, and lo! there was this game for me to steal code from.

I have deleted my previous uncomplimentary review and given this five stars. It seems only fair.

If you enjoyed Strained Tea...

People who like Strained Tea also gave high ratings to these games:

Laid Off from the Synesthesia Factory, by Katherine Morayati
Synpiece: A wearable technology that changes the wearer's mood. Users of the Synpiece can adjust the 'color' of their experience, which adjusts psychological traits mapped to hue (emotion), saturation (intensity) and value (complexity)....

Sub Rosa, by Joey Jones, Melvin Rangasamy
A puzzle game about secrets in the Age of Lead. You've spent seventeen years preparing for an infiltration. Stealing the Confessor's secrets is only the beginning: it will all be for nothing if you leave a trace.

Disenchantment Bay, by Jacqueline A Lott (with a head start from Emily Short)
From the about text: "The Inform 7 examples collectively known as Disenchantment Bay were born of a trip that Emily Short made with Dan Shiovitz to Alaska to visit me and Sam Kabo Ashwell, many years ago. 2004, I believe it was. We...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Joey Jones on 6 April 2016 at 7:42am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item