Story Files
Contains swanhill.html
A zip containing all story files. Story proper is an .html page.

Swan Hill

by Laura Michet profile

Swan Hill is an interactive story about brothers who have grown apart. It has multiple endings.

First Publication Date: September 19, 2013
TUID: xzsklx9j3oqpzlqj

Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Low-key fantasy hypertext about the relationship between two brothers. One chose to rule. The other ended up practicing magic, which goes by the high-brow name of philosophy in the Swan Hill universe.

Beautiful, melancholy, and evocative., November 14, 2013
by Hanon Ondricek (United States)
This is a very simple Twine story with a smidgin of interaction. Usually this type of thing gets boring, but I found this excellently written, and an interesting story about two brothers. One uses magic, and magic causes pain. The more powerful the magic, the more chance it can kill the wielder.

The story isn't about this specifically, but it shadows the relationship and the obliquely subtle plot. This feels like a tiny fragment of a much larger world, and I enjoyed the little glimpse of it that this story gives. I hope this writer has more to show us because the story is achingly lovely and melancholic.

A somewhat long Twine game about a chancellor and a duke, February 3, 2016
This game is one of the most well-regarded Twine games available, as demonstrated by its listing on the IFDB Top 100 as of 2016.

In this game, you play as a chancellor of a university, brother to a Duke. The setting is not historical England, though there are similarities.

The game is serious, and focuses on your relationship with your brother. You remember your past, learn about his present activities, and make choices about your future.

It's very interesting as a study in relationships, and also as a medieval-esque game.

I loved this., November 11, 2014
by Chrysoula
Related reviews: fantasy, brothers
I loved the story, the setting, the sense that I was steering the story while making the subtlest of choices. It was one of the few hypertext games I've played where I felt like there was a reason NOT to click on all of the informative links and I picked that reason up through gameplay.

If you enjoyed Swan Hill...