Ghost_Highland_Way.zip
Contains Ghost Highland Way.html

Ghost Highland Way

by Harry Giles

A spooky sad scots randomised gamepoem, about being outside and looking and remembering.

Language: Scots (sco)
First Publication Date: December 5, 2014
Current Version: Yes
License: Creative Commons
TUID: wy9kkzim2mrs9svo

Read it out loud, December 7, 2014
by Andrew Watt (Los Angeles, California)
Don't let the challenge of interpreting Scots turn you away from Ghost Highland Way. It's beautifully evocative, and its randomization and short length easily justify multiple playthroughs. I used the dictionary on my first go-round, but only a little. The language and its cadences are as essential to this gamepoem as the content (if not more), and by your second playthrough (especially if you sound the words out), you'll start to get it. (Sort of like my favorite foreign films, and how I barely read the subtitles when I revisit them.) The structure, line spacing, and simple presentation effectively serve the wistful tone and thoughtful pace. Well worth your time.

Game seems polished.., December 7, 2014
But honestly, there should have been English translations in the game. I don't really feel like translating every sentence into English using the dictionary.

The dictionary fails to translate the sentences, though I did it the right way. Perhaps I need to put it in word by word, therefore increasing my time trying to understand what the game is trying to say.

An update that adds English into it will be appreciated. Thanks for reading!

If you enjoyed Ghost Highland Way...