If you have problems with the games, please check JavaScript is turned on in your web browser.

A Day at the Beach

by peter@gameenglish

Episode 2 of Online Adventure Games for Learning English

This game is specifically designed for ESL classroom use.

License: Free
Development System: JavaScript
TUID: wehs9gmtd1tyfc2i

Reading Level, February 11, 2016
by IFforL2 (East Asia)
Related reviews: Reading Level
This game has an average grade level of about 5. It should be easily understood by 10 to 11 year olds. My students usually like this game less than "Escape from Simian Island" by the same author. But they appreciate the snarky humor; I usually hear some giggling as they read.

Readability Indices:

Flesch Kincaid Reading Ease 90.3
Flesch Kincaid Grade Level 4.1
Gunning Fog Score 6.4
SMOG Index 3.7
Coleman Liau Index 6.8
Automated Readability Index 3.7

(Source: read-able.com)

If you enjoyed A Day at the Beach...

Other members recommend these games for people who like A Day at the Beach, or gave both high ratings:

Escape from Simian Island, by peter@gameenglish
This game is specifically designed for the ESL classroom.

the uncle who works for nintendo, by michael lutz
It will take some time to get through one game, maybe 15 to 20 minutes your first go? It has five possible endings. The original commissioned artwork (some glimpsed in the cover art) was made by the talented Kimberly Parker...

Zork I, by Marc Blank and Dave Lebling
Many strange tales have been told of the fabulous treasure, exotic creatures, and diabolical puzzles in the Great Underground Empire. As an aspiring adventurer, you will undoubtedly want to locate these treasures and deposit them in your...

The following polls include votes for A Day at the Beach:

Games with easy English by Fitbos
I'm a Chinese guy who is really interested in text-based stuff, but my English is not very good for me to play games with hard English. Especially games with slangs every where. So I'm just looking for games that really written in easy...

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Autymn D. C. on 17 December 2017 at 1:58am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item