Interpreter and Story File
This links to a Magnetic Scrolls memorial page. As the site's author states himself, legality on MS games is iffy - however, since Myth was never *for sale*, being instead a free welcome gift for Official Secrets, it's unlikely that legal issues will arise. Still, anyone here in IFDB overly concerned is free to delete this link.

Myth

by Paul Findley

Fantasy / Mythological
1989

IT'S NOT EASY BEING A GOD...

The golden age of Ancient Greece. A time of men and gods. A place of Myths and legends. Where errant Heroes vie with preternatural forces while their gods stand aloof and disinterested. But history is always written by the victor and the tale herein related tells a different story. A chapter from the Unwritten Histories, Myth recounds the struggles of the Olympian deities as they battle to maintain their religious monopoly in the face of the gathering storm of Christianity. At once poignant, subtle and self-effacing, Myth takes a light-hearted look at the roots of popular mythology through the eyes of Poseidon, god of the sea as he travels The Underworld in search of the fable Dark Helmet of Hades.

Myth comes from the stables of Magnetic Scrolls, home of a string of award-winning adventures, such as Guild of Thieves, Corruption and Fish!.

IFID: MAGNETIC-6
TUID: vl5nd5lp8u4llkz

Crash

"Myth is destined to be a classic, it's funny, cunning and addictive. Being free to members of Official Secrets, I suppose, theoretically, it has to be worth more than 100% for value! The only thing I'm wary about is the size; it's proclaimed as a 'mini-adventure', although I've been playing it for three days solid, and there's no sign of an end. Still, along with Fish this is the most enjoyable adventure I've played. I suggest all adventuring fans sign up with Official Secrets pretty quickly!"

"Is it worth the wait? Yes, if only because of the famous Magnetic Scrolls humour, style and, of course, those magnificent pictures! Again, only a few of them, but they ARE good. The story is uncomplicated but it doesn't matter as it has been well fleshed-out to make it atmospheric.

Unfortunately, the game is marred by a few silly errors and bugs. [...] Due to a bit of poor error-trapping, it is possible to finish the game 30 points short by not completing one of the major puzzles in the game. I found this rather surprising coming from a company of Magnetic Scrolls' calibre."

If you enjoyed Myth...

People who like Myth also gave high ratings to these games:

Infidel, by Michael Berlyn
Infidel finds you marooned by your followers in the heart of the deadly Egyptian Desert. A soldier of fortune by trade, you've come hither in search of a great lost pyramid and its untold riches. Now, alone, you must locate and gain...

Babel, by Ian Finley

Delightful Wallpaper, by Andrew Plotkin ('Edgar O. Weyrd')

The following polls include votes for Myth:

Solved without Hints by joncgoodwin
I'm very interested in hearing truthful accounts of at least somewhat difficult games (or games that don't solve themselves at least) solved completely without recourse to hints, walkthroughs, etc.

Games with graphics and/or sound by eyesack
I couldn't find an easy way to search for this, so I figured I'd ask the hivemind: What games use graphics and/or sound to enhance the gameplay, similar to City of Secrets and Necrotic Drift?

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Edward Lacey on 29 January 2013 at 4:44pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item