I had music tied to it before but I decided to remove it. There is hover text hidden in almost all the passages.
Light Beta.html

Light Beta

by Sam

Part of Darker Times
Mystery

I made this to see what I could pull off with twine. I'm up to critiques and criticisms. I know I need improvement and input will definitely help.

First Publication Date: October 23, 2015
License: Public Domain
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
IFID: 252204787
TUID: vgl3gdu4a62k3yp

A short demo of a Twine game in an alternate world, February 3, 2016
This game needs to be downloaded from dropbox before being played, and won't let you save. However, saving is not necessary for this game, because it's a relatively short demo of a Twine game, with many endings, all reachable in 2-5 choices.

The story is set in an alternate world, where the biggest change from our world is a kind of fire-knife thing carried by the protagonist. The main story is only a bit sketched in, but it's a kind of dystopian world like the beginning of Cape.

The author has done extensive styling of the game. There is a textured grayish-black background, as well as light gray text. When you run the cursor over a letter, it gets bright white, then slowly dims.

For me, the gray-on-gray was a bit difficult to read. It might work better to brighten up the text while preserving the hover-over-makes-a-halo effect.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by The Stock Guy on 24 October 2015 at 12:30am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item