ZIL Source
Walkthrough and map
by David Welbourn

The Bean Stalker

by Jack Welch

Caught in an economic downturn, can Jack leverage his starving cow and climb the economic ladder?

Estimated playtime: Not long at all.

First Publication Date: January 5, 2018
License: MIT
Development System: ZIL
IFID: 9239F917-500A-41F4-B6A6-5E111F430C15
TUID: vchsmiok2zmrsnze

Winner - Eleventh Hour New Year's Minicomp

A short mini-game about Jack and the Beanstalk using ZIL, April 28, 2018
This game was written as a learning sample of the ZIL language. It was written over just a few days.

As such, it is small and lean. But Welch has managed to put a few clever puzzles in.

I was unable to solve this without a walkthrough the first time I tried it. After the walkthrough, which is very detailed, I felt like the game required a number of fairly mean actions, but with suitable rewards.

I find this game most interesting as an example of the ZILF language. I wonder how many of the standard responses were hand-coded, and how many part of the language.

This is version 5 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 16 March 2018 at 6:33am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item