SpeedIF_Y.zip

IFID: ZCODE-1-010525-1A5A
TUID: v3fbrr6q0jb4o12l

A delicious little treat., April 25, 2009
by gruelove (UK)
Related reviews: sweet and funny
I'm always a little doubtful about just how enjoyable a speedIF game could be, and therefore have invariably overlooked them in the past. If this little gem is anything to go by, I've clearly been missing out. It's a sweet little scenario involving an imminent date and the banana and rocket pants of the title. I have a weakness for comical situations in fiction and this piece of IF doesn't disappoint. In fact, if I find myself disappointed that I have reached an end, I can be quite secure in my high opinion of the work.

Only one little point of note(which stopped me giving it full marks) was the use of CAPITALS in seemingly random places. They almost gave an indication of something more to be discovered but were, I assume, meant simply as emphasis. This aside, I very much enjoyed this piece of IF and played it over and over again.

An excellent example of what can be achieved with a short piece.

Quirky with some funny moments, June 5, 2013
by Jim Kaplan (Jim Kaplan has a room called the location. The location of Jim Kaplan is variable.)
Related reviews: emily short, humor, speed IF
No one comes up with a work of genius with two hours' worth of coding, but Emily Short still gives us a wacky and offbeat vignette to match the wacky and offbeat prompt. The IF equivalent of a decent two-minute YouTube video: fun, light, harmless.

If you enjoyed Banana Apocalypse and the Rocket Pants of Destiny...

People who like Banana Apocalypse and the Rocket Pants of Destiny also gave high ratings to these games:

Fogged Up Mirror, by Cha Holland
A personal look at identity labels and assumptions, from a genderqueer perspective.

Things, by Jacqueline A. Lott and Sam Kabo Ashwell

Zork III, by Dave Lebling, Marc Blank
An old, oddly youthful man turns toward you slowly. His long, silver hair dances about him as a fresh breeze blows. "You have reached the final test, my friend! You are proved clever and powerful, but this is not yet enough! Seek me when...

Banana Apocalypse and the Rocket Pants of Destiny appears in the following Recommended Lists:

The following polls include votes for Banana Apocalypse and the Rocket Pants of Destiny:

Silly Games by Charlie Marcou
I find that I enjoy the more silly interactive fiction rather than more serious interactive fiction. So that's what this poll is for.

Best IF Titles by Fredrik
No doubt you have played some great games with great titles, or been disappointed to find games with great titles that did not hold up to expectations. What are the best titles of IF? They can be funny, elegant, evocative, or whatever...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Matt Poush on 6 January 2008 at 12:34am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item