Youíre Tiny People. Can You Open The Fridge And Get The Lemon?

by ClickHole

Episode 41 of ClickVenture
Humor

The world is a big place, and today is a huge time.

First Publication Date: December 3, 2015
TUID: uecbhpf8o29t6jgu

Absurd but enjoyable exploration of an apartment, April 30, 2016
by verityvirtue (London)
Time to completion: 20-30 minutes

Clickhole has built a reputation for prolificacy, having released 20 games in 2015 alone. Their games are usually absurd and light-hearted. Their games usually have long titles which presents its central premise. Then again, I have not played many of Clickhole's games, so I shouldn't really generalise like that...

In Tiny People, you play a... group (swarm?) of tiny people, navigating someone's apartment. At your size, everything is huge. How will you get to the lemon? And what's Music Duck doing there?

Tiny People favours photos over textual room descriptions to illustrate the environment, which was really a welcome change to the usual Clickhole house style of generic stock images. It also features an especially location-based world model, even if it mixed cardinal directions with relative directions (you can go leftward and east in this game).

The perspective brings to mind other games with smaller-than-human PCs - A Day for Soft Food and Snack Time in particular. The close-up photos of everyday objects from a non-human perspective remind me of Mateusz Skutnik's 10 Gnomes series.

The central premise (i.e. the fact that you, the PC, appear to be a swarm of tiny people) is already surreal enough, but the ending is even more so, almost to the point of incoherence. Your mileage may vary, here: fans of Clickhole's writing will probably enjoy this, but those who are not may find it over the top. Still, I found this a reasonably enjoyable, short, slightly absurd piece.

clickable cyao about music duck and a lemon, February 21, 2016
by namekuseijin (anywhere but home)
nuff said.

I got up to this:

Itís Music Duckís biggest guitar. An enormous guitar for an enormous duck.

and the buzzing from my dumb-o-meter was too much. perhaps I should've smoked a joint...

If you enjoyed Youíre Tiny People. Can You Open The Fridge And Get The Lemon?...

People who like Youíre Tiny People. Can You Open The Fridge And Get The Lemon? also gave high ratings to these games:

Inventory, by Joey Fu
You're trapped in a dungeon with an inventory full of stuff. Use what you've got to escape... if you can. Made for Twiny Jam.

Light My Way Home, by Caelyn Sandel (as Venus Hart)

An Evening at the Ransom Woodingdean Museum House, by Ryan Veeder
Karen Chambers gives tours in a restored Victorian home.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by CMG on 21 February 2016 at 12:17pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item