Competition version

Yes, my mother is...

by Skarn

Counseling is no easy job.

When someone requests your help, within the space of a few questions, you must have learned enough about them, about their strengths and weaknesses, about what they want and what they need, to give them some appropriate advice, guidance which will do more good than bad.

And, in your specific case, you also need to answer many, many questions about your mother.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2016
IFID: 6116CB78-70BF-4E28-9E76-1B11323602F0
TUID: u59motjd3cy084yj

35th Place - 22nd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2016)

The Breakfast Review
As a game, it's interesting to explore the different options in an effort to discover everything we can about the situation, and it's short enough that we can do so without too much tedium. As a story, it's a fable worth considering when looking out into the real world.

If you enjoyed Yes, my mother is......

People who like Yes, my mother is... also gave high ratings to these games:

Ghost Highland Way, by Harry Giles
A spooky sad scots randomised gamepoem, about being outside and looking and remembering.

Ariadne in Aeaea, by Victor Ojuel
Isle of Aeaea, the eastern Aegean. 3,500 years ago. In the northern wastes, the Achaeans have a new and warlike chieftain. Palace after palace is falling to his armies. On the shores of Crete, the Minoan civilisation awaits at the eve of...

Pogoman GO!, by Jack Welch and Ben Collins-Sussman
The world is full of Pogomen, and now that you donít have a job or family to worry about, you might as well get back to it!

The following polls include votes for Yes, my mother is...:

Games about mother-child relationships by verityvirtue
Games which deal with mother-child relationships, no matter the nature of either party.

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Doug Orleans on 22 November 2016 at 1:40pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item