Competition version

Yes, my mother is...

by Skarn

Counseling is no easy job.

When someone requests your help, within the space of a few questions, you must have learned enough about them, about their strengths and weaknesses, about what they want and what they need, to give them some appropriate advice, guidance which will do more good than bad.

And, in your specific case, you also need to answer many, many questions about your mother.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2016
IFID: 6116CB78-70BF-4E28-9E76-1B11323602F0
TUID: u59motjd3cy084yj

35th Place - 22nd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2016)

The Breakfast Review
As a game, it's interesting to explore the different options in an effort to discover everything we can about the situation, and it's short enough that we can do so without too much tedium. As a story, it's a fable worth considering when looking out into the real world.

If you enjoyed Yes, my mother is......

People who like Yes, my mother is... also gave high ratings to these games:

Pick Up The Phone Booth And Die, by Rob Noyes
A very short game. Whatever you do, do not pick up the phone booth; well, you can guess from the title what happens if you do. [--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

Toby's Nose, by Chandler Groover
A murder most foul has been committed and Sherlock Holmes is on the case. You are his dog.

Love, Hate and the Mysterious Ocean Tower, by C.E.J. Pacian

The following polls include votes for Yes, my mother is...:

Games about mother-child relationships by verityvirtue
Games which deal with mother-child relationships, no matter the nature of either party.

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Doug Orleans on 22 November 2016 at 1:40pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item