EctoComp 2013 compressed file
Contains Fish Dreams.zblorb
This is a pseudo-format used to represent download adviser records that apply to multiple formats. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Fish Dreams

by Carolyn VanEseltine profile

First Publication Date: October 31, 2013
IFID: A082E72E-AB94-4D2B-95A7-78183A1750F0
TUID: u3dd6j9aldwyuuhk

13th Place - Ectocomp 2013

A tightly focused Ectocomp game about fish and memories, June 28, 2016
In this game, you okay a shark like creature who learns the story of two humans through an unusual mechanic.

This is an Ectocomp game, and that means it was written in 3 hours or less. The author made excellent design decisions here by severely restricting the scope of your actions and then implementing the remaining actions with a high degree of polish.

This is a gory game, but I didn't really notice the gore. You have only a few basic actions, but they allow you to slowly develop the story of the two humans in an interesting way. I liked it.

Brief story told as memories, March 9, 2014
by Doug Orleans (Somerville, MA, USA)
An interesting sketch of a story told through inspecting the memories of two characters, but I couldn't quite make sense of what conclusions we were supposed to draw. Also there's basically no choices in this game, except for one that prevents you from seeing half of the text.

If you enjoyed Fish Dreams...

People who like Fish Dreams also gave high ratings to these games:

The Warlord, The Princess & The Bulldog, by David Whyld

Who Among Us, by Tia Orisney
A noir-themed murder mystery story inspired by Agatha Christie's novel "And Then There Were None" and set in modern day Russia.

Spider and Web, by Andrew Plotkin
A vacation in our lovely country! See the ethnic charms of the countryside, the historic grandeur of the capital city. Taste our traditional cuisine; smell the flowers of the Old Tree. And all without leaving your own armchair! But all...

The following polls include votes for Fish Dreams:

Non-human Perspectives by Rhetta_Lynnea
I'm looking for IF narrated by aliens, animals, anything.

This is version 3 of this page, edited by cvaneseltine on 15 February 2015 at 10:57pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item