Machine of Death

by Hulk Handsome profile

Horror, Comedy, Slice of life, Science Fiction

In the near future, the world will be changed by a machine that predicts how a person will die with 100% accuracy... but not clarity.

Would knowing your demise change the way you lived your life?

A collection of three short interactive stories.

First Publication Date: September 29, 2013
TUID: u212jed2a7ljg6hl

8th Place - 19th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2013)

I actually really enjoyed this, October 28, 2013
I say "actually" because I was skeptical at first. The premise (a CYOA of the Machine of Death webcomic concept) just seemed too derivative at first.

Actually playing it however was a novel experience. The author has managed to present the CYOA as an engaging, witty, and surprising work of fiction. The outcomes of my choices frequently surprised me in pleasant, consistent, novel ways.

The surprises and twists made perfect sense in the structure of the story.

Well-written, comedic, and a strong effort.

Mid-length Twine game about a machine predicting how you will die, February 3, 2016
I really enjoyed this game. It starts in a mall with a few stores and the Death Machine, and later branches into three possible narratives.

The message seems to be about fate and free will. The big idea is that there is a machine that prints out how you will die, and most people have tried it.

The genius of this game is that the author has thought through how the world would react to this development to a very high degree, so that the game is rich and believable.

Short but fun. Very infrequent strong profanity.

If you enjoyed Machine of Death...