dyanty.zip
Contains DYANTY.D$$
Requires an AGT interpreter - see Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)
dyanty.sol

License: Shareware
Development System: AGT
IFID: AGT-03500-00004A69
TUID: t44v6axdfbgit7qd

Dyanty appears to be very well written, and is clearly aimed towards the 'L-Plated Adventurer' - there are several encouraging messages near the start along the lines of "You're doing fine, keep it up." In fact, the game is very easy to play, with the exception of some annoying synonym omissions, and progresses at a pleasurable pace. Nothing that I have found so far would hold most people up for very long (I've reached 350 points out of 440). There are only 47 locations, but the location text is very well written and mentions all the available exits and is, for the most part, atmospheric - something that is often lost in sci-fi games. (Grimwold)

I've got as far to the end as I believe is possible with my version as I think it is fatally bugged. [...] Putting this bug aside I see why the game got an HM (Honorable Mention) in the 1992 AGT competition, from what I've seen of the other HMs, it's the best yet. If it is fatally bugged though (maybe I'm being completely stupid), I just can't see why the judges didn't notice it. (James Judge)

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Edward Lacey on 10 March 2013 at 8:09pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item