Primer

by Christina Nordlander profile

Pulling the trigger.

Winnable.

Made in three hours for ECTOCOMP 2017. Content warning: violence against a family member.

First Publication Date: October 25, 2017
TUID: t1d8pxbejj19s115

Entrant, La Petite Mort (English) - EctoComp 2017

A brief, terror-filled moment in time, November 6, 2017
This game reminded of another game, which I couldn't remember for a while, but now I recall is the author's 2016 game, Light Into Darkness. I liked that game, but this one is better.

It's a brief moment in time. The game definitely plays around with the typical speed of a parser game, where major events can occur in one command.

I hit on a good ending perhaps by chance, early on, and replayed to stretch it out as long as possible. If I hadn't guessed the command, I might not have liked it as much, but it was good.

If you enjoyed Primer...

People who like Primer also gave high ratings to these games:

Tapestry, by Daniel Ravipinto
You were born; you lived; you died. Not everyone gets a second chance to go back and change crucial decisions. You have been granted one and must go back to critical moral dilemmas; but do you change the course of your life, or daren't...

Attack of the Yeti Robot Zombies, by Řyvind Thorsby

The Xylophoniad, by Robin Johnson
The King of Anachronopolis has ordered you to end the Trojan War, slay the dreaded Bicyclops, and rescue a couple of inmates from Hades. A comic adventure set in Greek mythology.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Christina Nordlander on 11 November 2017 at 7:58pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item