self-care for wizards

by Kayla Bashe

"you're a wizard who has been brought to near-death by your archnemesis. explore your beautiful sanctum and enact poetic rituals. take care of yourself to regain your strength."
A short, calming Twine, written in a poetic style, in which you are a wizard.

Language: English (en-US)
License: Creative Commons
TUID: sy04xtij6se6vpnf

Gentle, reminder of self-care techniques--made whimsical!, November 15, 2017
by Danielle (The Wild West)
Related reviews: quiz
You step into the shoes of a defeated wizard and go through various rituals to revitalize yourself.

I enjoyed this. Although there's no active story, I felt like the intro about the rival wizard was a well done little setup-slash-metaphor.

It reminded me of this interactive self-care guide at philome.la, but instead of being a linear quiz, the fairy-tale calm vignettes of "self-care for wizards" acts as a gentle reminder of some things one can do to recharge one's batteries. The descriptions also made me smile.

This is a nice place to escape to. I hate to say that it's a "safe space," but let's think of it as comfort food, or a quick dip into a book like "Winnie the Pooh"--no drama or challenge. And that's not what this piece wants to be. Rather, it's a place to just be zen and breathe.

(And if you like this you might also like the free graphical Steam platformer MANDAGON.)

Quirky., November 14, 2017
by LurkMoar (Omaha)
Not a complete story. Still, kind of fun and a brief respite for non-commital readers.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by kaylabee on 14 November 2017 at 11:32am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item