Twine version
A Twine port of the game, playable in a browser.

The Minimalist Game

by NOM3RCY profile

2010

It is the hardest IF on earth.

IFID: 6F0EBDF9-F7A5-410F-8322-4672946F447B
TUID: rihbmh4jwzaa8f6

News

Expand all | Add a news item

Do we make a listing for everything?, November 2, 2010
by tggdan3 (Michigan)
I'm beginning to see why some reviewers get irritated by the "games" that are posted on this site. This is not a game- this is a yes/no question. That question is "do you want to win". (Spoiler - click to show) The correct answer is yes.

There is nothing else to this. No story, nothing. At least mystic travels had a lot of meta-reference jokes. This was a waste of time.

Little more than nothing, February 18, 2014
by Simon Deimel (Germany)
I can only agree with the former reviews: this is not a game.

This project cannot pass as IF. Sure, there is interactivity to a minor degree (in answering one question), but there is no fiction, no story, not even the slightest bit of it. It cannot pass as a joke either, at least not for the player. A joke normally works with expectations and their dissolution in a punchline, but there are no expectations built up in the player by asking a single polar question.

I did not expect much when I started this, and I got even less. I did not feel especially annoyed or insulted, but there are no gaming contents here.

An Insult, November 3, 2010
by AmberShards (The Gothic South)
There is no question about whether this is a game or not -- it's not. It's a one-question effort, with no writing, no joke, nothing but standard responses. Not even its brevity atones for its pointlessness.

This is version 10 of this page, edited by Doug Orleans on 8 February 2017 at 4:20am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item