Play online
at the author's website!

Someone Keeps Moving My Chair

by Ryan Veeder profile

Something is amiss in Garry's office. A prequel to The Statue Got Me High.

First Publication Date: January 15, 2015
IFID: CC59232F-C3BD-4CF2-B462-7D0CD1F0369F
TUID: r7faqzxavqudcg2i

A short game with well-implemented NPCs and a layered story., July 22, 2017
This review is for The Official Ryan Veeder Weekend Review Tournament with Guaranteed Prize.

This game is a prequel to The Statue Got Me High, but you don't need to have played the latter game.

It contains classic elements of the Veeder mythos, such as red herrings, consumable food, actions that seem simple but maybe take a little longer to type than the other anticipated but you never know, and NPCs whose tone of voice is in direct contrast to the content of their conversations.

This game makes a 5 on my scale, but only barely. According to my criteria, it is polished (no bugs here), descriptive (why not?), has an emotional investment (I hated Edward), the interactivity is okay (I had to decompile it once, but I wanted to decompile it, so that's something), and I would play it again.

But it just scraped by in each category, so it might not be as good as a 4 star game that did great in one category.

If you enjoyed Someone Keeps Moving My Chair...

Other members recommend these games for people who like Someone Keeps Moving My Chair, or gave both high ratings:

The Statue Got Me High, by Ryan Veeder
Your job is to make sure John's party is successful. It won't be, though. Written for the Apollo 18+20 tribute album project.

Mangiasaur, by DCBSupafly
You are a young dinosaur-like monster who needs to eat everything in sight so you can grow big & strong, gain special powers, and ultimately rule over a tribe of puny humans.

Divis Mortis, by Lynnea Dally
The infection has spread. They are coming.

The following polls include votes for Someone Keeps Moving My Chair:

For Your Consideration - XYZZY-eligible NPCs of 2015 by verityvirtue
This is for suggesting non-player characters from games released 2015 who you think might be worth considering for Best NPCs/Best Individual NPC in the XYZZY awards. Leave the name (or namelessness) of the NPC (or NPCs) in the comment on...

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Ryan Veeder on 15 January 2015 at 2:21am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item