9:05

Previous | << 1 2 3 4 >> | Next | Show All

My first IF., July 16, 2018
by ialessan
Related reviews: beginner
This is the first IF I completed, and what really got me into the genre. It's quick, neat, and you won't see the end coming. (I certainly didn't.)

Short, Enjoyable, Re-Playable!, June 28, 2018
by Tristano (Italy)
You can finish this game in about 15-20 minutes ... but almost certainly you'll want to replay it at least once. Can't really say much about the story without spoiling it, except that I recommend it. Well written, simple and fast paced, but there are some twists to the plot that might not be obvious until replay.

After ending the game for the first time you'll realize how clever the author has been on delivering that sense of urgency that will trick you into overlooking those details which are important to grasp what's going on but being tricked in this game is part of the fun of playing it.

Nice.

A good introduction, April 13, 2018
by calindreams (Birmingham, England)
This game has been one of the first pieces of interactive I have actually got to the end of. Short and enjoyable and I'm sure most people would appreciate it more on a replay.

Maybe I would have given an extra star to my rating if I hadn't figured out the twist on the first play through. My experience of the story maybe would have been improved if (Spoiler - click to show) I hadn't been quite so thorough in my initial exploration of the appartment or that the author could have made it a little more difficult to find the key element of the story>.

Otherwise I would definitely recommend this game to people.

Brilliant, Short, and Effective, October 16, 2017
by Angharade
Related reviews: short
The writing was clever and direct. The slight details were teases- and enjoyable even at the very beginning. I had a ton of fun with a relatively simple concept. I think this is a fantastic game to help someone understand interactive fiction, or see the appeal, without getting bogged down with too much writing or guessing the author's intentions. I really liked this. A unique jaunt in the slice of life genre.

Don't bother, July 7, 2017
Very short, non-engaging, and lackluster plot that you don't get to explore

Short & Sweet, March 18, 2017
by RottenSnail
Related reviews: beginner, short, easy, funny, replay
This is a very short, simple game with a sense of humor. I think beginners to IF will find it very easy and rewarding. It's the kind of game where the player gains enjoyment upon replaying it, which I highly recommend. Even playing through twice, it's a very quick game.

My first IF adventure, February 5, 2017
I found this story on a list of recommended IF for beginners. I shared it with my middle school students, and we had a good time with it. You can easily play through in 20-30 minutes, and there are at least three different endings depending on the path you take. I recommend 9:05 as a good first story to read!

Fun, May 8, 2016
9:05 is the time you wake up, and about how long this IF takes. Being short isnt a bad thing. As others have said, it really calls for a replay. Its 10 minutes, what have you got to lose

Slice of Life... With a Twist!, April 4, 2016
by PDearmore (Central New York)
Related reviews: z-machine, infom, slice-of-life, puzzleless, crime
9:05 is essentially a puzzle-less game in which you can play through a few different ways to experience a slice of life from a few different angles. I'm not usually one to play a game through after reaching the end, but this piece is short, and replaying it seems like almost the entire point (you'll only see what I mean once you have tried it). With that being said, there's not really a satisfying ending. I kept looking for ways to "win" but there were only other paths you could take--the most interesting one being the path that you probably took in the first place.

9:05 is the first piece of IF from Adam Cadre that I can remember playing. Not that I've been purposefully avoiding his stuff--it just happens that I haven't gotten to it yet. I will definitely check out his other stuff--I see quite a few games out there.

Famous for toying with IF expectations. , February 3, 2016
9:05 is a game that everyone should try at some point, preferably after playing a few other IF games.

9:05 is essentially a workday simulator; you are late to work, and have to shower, eat, etc.

The game plays around a bit with IF conventions, making you question the basic ideas that are fundamental to IF.

While it's a great game, it gave me a bad feeling after I finished it for the first time. The additional material at the end of the game made me not want to identify with the protagonist.

May not be suitable for playing along with young kids. Older kids should be fine.

Previous | << 1 2 3 4 >> | Next | Show All | Return to game's main page