Links to online version. You can download the offline version from a link in the game's sidebar.

Eden

by Gaming Pixie

Romance/Science Fiction

In Eden, you’re a scientist faced with a choice: risk your life and career for someone else who's beautiful, but "not even human" or look out for Number One. And that's just the beginning. Can you really abandon this one to their fate? If not, how will you save them? Although the game is Twine-based, it's coded with possibilities that are either triggered by earlier choices or occur at random--or both. A guard might spot you... or they might not. You might get caught if you try to take an item early… or you might be quick enough not to. Your love interest might be what you expected… or you may have to ask yourself questions these games tend to leave unasked.

First Publication Date: October 9, 2013
License: Donationware
TUID: qyo86vg2j4f8srdk

Haywire Magazine
Soha Kareem shares four more games made in Twine.
"The game’s endings and achievements are determined by your karmic choices. ... I appreciate the kind of message that emphasizes being a good person to achieve good relationships, rather than being manipulative to seduce the character. There is also a clear respect of identity, from prompting the player to input their name and at some point determine their gender."

If you enjoyed Eden...

People who like Eden also gave high ratings to these games:

I'm Really Sorry About That Thing I Said When I Was Tired and/or Hungry, by Dietrich Squinkifer (Squinky)
"I'm Really Sorry About That Thing I Said When I Was Tired and/or Hungry" is a mostly-autobiographical story of how it was like growing up among several different cultures and not really fitting into any of them.

Mirror and Queen, by Chandler Groover
Your mirror never lies. A puzzleless reflection. Fifteen to forty minutes.

Shade, by Andrew Plotkin
"A one-room game set in your apartment." [--blurb from Competition Aught-Zero]

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Gaming Pixie on 7 July 2014 at 3:21pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item