The Boot-Scraper

by Caleb Wilson (as Lionel Schwob) profile

On the night of August 14th, 1799, eight days off St. Stellio, the sloop Meleagris was smashed apart by a storm. Most of the crew and passengers alike were crushed by fallen rigging, or drowned, or eaten by sharks. One passenger was not so lucky.

First Publication Date: October 21, 2017
TUID: qqp4dv5eovcrhx6v

Prequel to Lime Ergot, by Caleb Wilson (as Rust Blight)

3rd Place, Le Grand Guignol (English) - EctoComp 2017

A worthy successor to Lime Ergot with a bit of fiddliness, November 4, 2017
This game is ingenious, as creative as Lime Ergot was, with a touch reminiscent of Midnight. Swordfight.

You play as a washed-up seaman who has escaped a wreck and ended up on a plantation.

The navigation system is deeply unusual.

I had one big of trouble, with the game's only locked door. I had tried the correct action in different rooms, and discovered it didn't work, so I didn't try it in the right room. I ended up decompiling to find the answer (as the game has some speed-IF bits, like no hint system, so I didn't trust it completely), but I could have figured it out with more experimentation. I felt like it drew me out of the story, though. Otherwise, this is a wonderful game.

If you enjoyed The Boot-Scraper...