The Dark World

by Terrence Bull profile

If you like flatulent dwarfs, pretty faeries, sausages, Monty Python humor and getting mercilessly abused by a game, then The Dark World is for you!

You are in a dark hole... from there you have to guess what to do next and how to proceed.

It is a maze, an adventure, a puzzle and a magical kingdom filled with ridiculous and silly characters and scenarios. Take time to look around, look closer and even closer again to discover lots of hidden clues and weird and wonderful treasures.

This game will kill you - literally! But don't worry, you get to live again and again until you get it right and discover the hidden treasure. It will give you many hours, days or weeks of fun - depending on how much of a numbskull you are.

Beware! Nothing is as it seems...

First Publication Date: April 17, 2018
Current Version: beta
Development System: Custom
Forgiveness Rating: Cruel
TUID: qlmp6xr5z1ymhi02

Enjoyable gameplay, engaging challenge., August 11, 2018
A fun game that throws unusual challenges at you right from the start. I was frequently bouncing between laughing my head off and groaning in frustration as the game seemed to want to spite me with sudden death as much as it loved to put me in hilariously ridiculous situations. The road to victory is stacked with unforeseen menaces and creative rewards that often required me to look much closer then I normally have to. Finally beating it was a rewarding experience although I feel like I still haven't fully explored everything the game has to offer.

The Dark World on IFDB

The following polls include votes for The Dark World:

The great puzzlefests by Victor Gijsbers
Playing Curses!, I started wondering which games belong to the canon of great puzzlefests. With this term I mean puzzle based games that are long, difficult and punishing; but also fair, engaging and truly rewarding to work through. The...

I am looking for games that involve exploring and collecting objects but donít involve horror or creepy themes by Brennen Kinch
fore example games that involve keys and things that unlock other parts of the game that donít involve creepy things such as ghost and monsters and things like that

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Terrence on 11 August 2018 at 6:33pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item