introcomp06.zip
Windows Application (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Nothing But Mazes

by Greg Boettcher

2006

TUID: ovbxika0f1e03g6i

A Sci-Fi Fairy Tale ..., August 11, 2010
by Tristano (Italy)
Nothing But Mazes is a strange piece of IF: there are parts of the story in which the player doesn't really play but reads along, screen after screen. So it's part fiction, part interactive fiction.

Both the game and its language are simple but polished, so it suits also kids. The author has put a great deal of fantasy in the story and I've found it really interesting. As a game, I have to admit that the puzles are quite simple, but I enjoyed them.

The game has sound and hand-drawn graphics (very nice indeed) which add atmosphere to it.

I got to the end of Nothing But Mazes: it's "to be continued". So I hope that Greg Boettcher will bring it to completion because it's worth it.

If you enjoyed Nothing But Mazes...

People who like Nothing But Mazes also gave high ratings to these games:

L'Envol, by Benjamin Roux
"Il est tard. La journée fut longue, et exténuante. Vous êtes content d'être enfin seul dans votre chambre, pour goûter à un repos bien mérité. Tout est calme autour de vous, la soirée s'annonce tranquille. Ou peut-être pas." (Attention,...

Hoist Sail for the Heliopause and Home, by Andrew Plotkin
A far-future story of discovery.

Scavenger, by Quintin Stone
Search a war-shattered world for secrets of the past.

The following polls include votes for Nothing But Mazes:

Games with graphics and/or sound by eyesack
I couldn't find an easy way to search for this, so I figured I'd ask the hivemind: What games use graphics and/or sound to enhance the gameplay, similar to City of Secrets and Necrotic Drift?

Games with misleading titles by Cendare
I was thinking about "Nothing But Mazes" and how it, in fact, contains things that aren't mazes. What other games have titles that don't quite reflect what's inside?

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Greg Boettcher on 24 March 2008 at 1:54pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item