CAPITALISM: The Role Playing Game

by Soda51 profile

RPG

A Role Playing Game about CAPITALISM.

First Publication Date: June 8, 2015
TUID: othj9bqbecxno2go

Hamfisted political satire, July 30, 2015
by Victor Gijsbers (The Netherlands)
This game is a political satire of capitalism. The premise is that you choose to be one of five classes of capitalist scum, and then battle it out with the 100 people who are richer than you in order to become #1. Battling is an automatic, RPG-like system of seemingly random rolls.

As a game, this has nothing to offer. I assume that that is deliberate; what it wants to be is political satire. But this game is to satire what a cask full of elephant piss is to a glass of gewürztraminer -- not the clearest metaphor I've ever employed, perhaps, but you know what I'm getting at.

After playing three of Soda51's games today, I can reach the overarching conclusion that this author, who obviously wants to make political statements, should read and watch some good political satire to find out what works and what doesn't.

Whack 100 rats if you can, July 17, 2015
You are a rat.

I like skins.
I would like roles. Descriptions. Automatic saves.

If you enjoyed CAPITALISM: The Role Playing Game...

Other members recommend this game for people who like CAPITALISM: The Role Playing Game:

climbing 208 feet up the ruin wall, by Porpentine
-OVER 207 FEET -MORE THAN 1,000,000 PROCEDURALLY GENERATED VINES -REALISTIC WEATHER SYSTEM -LOOKS LIKE WE GOT A “CLIMB”-INAL INVESTIGATION

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Soda51 on 8 June 2015 at 9:51pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item