Play online
Download as ZIP
Contains index.html
Zipped files for offline play

Zeppelin Adventure

by Robin Johnson profile

Piloting a tea-zeppelin on Mars is a lonely job, but this run is nearly over and then you're due for a holiday. That's unless you get sucked into a puzzly adventure involving pterodactyls, robots, paternoster lifts and space elves!

First Publication Date: April 6, 2018
Development System: Versificator 2
TUID: op5a8ug80gwyoagl

Entrant, Main Festival - Spring Thing 2018

Liza Daly
"The puzzles are simple by design but often clever; I especially enjoyed one involving whimsical clockwork animals that requires successive playthroughs but is perfectly fair."

Emily Short
"As the cover art suggests, this is a pulpy kind of story that leans into certain genre conventions both present and historical."

An engaging sci-fi tale using a parser-choice hybrid, April 9, 2018
Related reviews: 2-10 hours
I enjoyed this game, which took me a few hours to complete (and one big part I missed out on because I didn't notice a certain room exit).

This game uses the same hybrid system as in Detectiveland and Draculaland, where you choose a noun to hold and various options become available.

The breadth of the puzzles is impressive, and the humor is great. A few times I was frustrated by not knowing what to do, but when I realized what was needed, I felt like the puzzles were fair.

The endings were nice, I think. It's good to have satisfying endings for a game.

If you enjoyed Zeppelin Adventure...

People who like Zeppelin Adventure also gave high ratings to these games:

Mangiasaur, by DCBSupafly
You are a young dinosaur-like monster who needs to eat everything in sight so you can grow big & strong, gain special powers, and ultimately rule over a tribe of puny humans.

Life in a Northern Town, by People + Places
Average member rating: (1 rating)
An illegal solution to overwhelming debts leads to danger, deception, revenge and murder.

To The Wolves, by Els White
Offered up as sacrifice to the wolf-gods of the forest, hunted by beasts and man alike, Ella must find a way to survive.

Zeppelin Adventure appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Annotated list of best sci-fi games by MathBrush
A few months ago, I thought, "There really aren't that many sci-fi IF games". Then I started going through old games I had played, and downlaoded TADS, and was shocked at how many great sci-fi games there are. This is a list of my...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Robin Johnson on 28 April 2018 at 4:31pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item