Happy Pony Valley Riding School

by Lynda Clark

Just because these ponies can talk, doesn't mean they have anything to say to you...

Author's Comment: "I usually work in ChoiceScript and this was my attempt at modelling a simpler version of a CS 'relationship system' in Twine, with varying degrees of success."

First Publication Date: April 7, 2017
TUID: oerekf7rbym34lg

Entrant, Main Festival - Spring Thing 2017

A short humorous horse relationship game, March 18, 2018
This game is billed as just a demo for doing relationships in twine, which affected my perception of it (in the sense that I assumed it wasn’t a fully fleshed game), but it manages to have a lot of heart and some neat tricks.

It is based on a riding school with three different ponies/horses, who you interact with in a couple of branching choices. Each one has its own likes and dislikes, which affect the ending.

It succeeded in its goal of making twine seem more like choicescript, and made me laugh a few times. If it was going to be fleshed all of the way out, I wish it were longer and had better cluing as to the effects of the relationship choices and more endings. But as it is I like it.

not a review but I think a good video to go with this game, January 8, 2018

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Autymn D. C. on 21 December 2017 at 8:28am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item