swash.zip

Pirates/Romance
2003

TUID: ocxkusipxh6uszzc

Charming but very short, October 23, 2007
A brief pirate-romance scenario in the general spirit of Plundered Hearts.

It's really more of a single scene than a complete story (more is implied than explained), but it's rather charming. I would rank it higher if there were only more of the same.

Short and Sweet, September 15, 2009
by Rose (New Zealand)
A very interesting section of a larger story. I'd love to know more about the surrounding tale; but fitting in more exposition just wouldn't work. Nevertheless, I enjoyed what little story was there. The writing was good, and the characters surprisingly well defined within the material.

One thing bugged me, however. (Spoiler - click to show)The one winning ending involves saving the life of a man you've just met, to whom you owe pretty much nothing. Sure, you've kissed him, but that's it. I just didn't think it was sufficiently motivated.

Overall, I quite enjoyed The Legend of Lady Magaidh - what there was of it. If it was longer, I probably would have loved it. As it is, three stars.

If you enjoyed The Legend of Lady Magaidh...

People who like The Legend of Lady Magaidh also gave high ratings to these games:

Triune, by Papillon
"What are little girls Made of? Sugar and spice And everything nice That's what little girls Are made of." [--blurb from Competition Aught-One]

When in Rome 1: Accounting for Taste, by Emily Short
Manhattan, May, 1954.

Arrival, or Attack of the B-Movie Clichés, by Stephen Granade

The following polls include votes for The Legend of Lady Magaidh:

Nautical IF by Felix Larsson
I know there was a couple of commercial high-sea text adventures. Now I am on the look-out for ‘modern’, post-commercial IF with a nautical theme. As far as I can tell, there is a definite shortage of bucaneers, boatswains, able seamen...

This is version 2 of this page, edited by dfreas on 28 June 2008 at 3:04pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item