Steam
Google Play Store
for Android

SLAMMED!

by Paolo Chikiamco

Turn a scripted steel-cage wrestling match into a real fight in this 250,000-word interactive novel!

You’ve always dreamed of becoming pro wrestling’s biggest star…but a wrestler’s world is fraught with hardship and betrayal, in and out of the ring. Become a powerhouse, a technician, a high-flier, or focus on your promo skills. There’s more than one road to success.

But none of those roads will be easy. This is a world where your biggest fans are your harshest critics; where the front office is more dangerous than the squared circle; where friends can become enemies with a single heel turn; where, sometimes, the only way to win is to lose, spectacularly.

This is professional wrestling. And you’re about to change it, forever.

Slammed! is an epic interactive professional-wrestling novel where your choices control the story.

There’s never been a professional wrestling game like this, a game where the outcome of your final match, your choice of opponent, and your relationships affect the ending. When’s the last time you played a pro-wrestling RPG with a “kayfabe” stat?–or where your trash-talking “promo” ability is as important as your core strength and wrestling technique?

- Enjoy a 250,000-word personal tale of friendship, competition, and revenge.
- Develop not only your physical abilities, but a favored wrestling style.
- Become a heroic face, or a villainous heel–or even turn heel.
- Turn a scripted match into a real fight–and vice versa.
- Decide when to keep kayfabe, and when to break it.
- Play as male or female, gay or straight.

First Publication Date: June 28, 2013
License: Commercial
Development System: ChoiceScript
TUID: ocuswddzn9kdu54v

SPAG Specifics - Issue #63 - By Hugo Labrande
Slammed! succeeds at its main goal, which is to be an awesome game about wrestling: the author is clearly very familiar with the wrestling world, and manages to reproduce this in a world and a story that feel true. [...] The game is transparently written as escapism [...] for wrestling, where the problems are painfully apparent and have broken into the mainstream [...], leaving them out completely didn’t really feel right to me.

A truly epic Choicescript game focusing on people, grudges, and storytelling , July 7, 2016
Related reviews: 2-10 hours
This game is truly epic. I felt like I was reading a novel as I played. It lasted long; longer than any of the other choicescript games I played.

I had trouble putting it down. A game about professional wrestling seemed so silly, but it's cinematic, almost like Rocky. There's a lot about second chances, betrayals, seeing the truth. It's so much better than it seemed from the blurb and art.

Subplots include a variety of romances, long term relationships with a rival, and so on. You can choose to be a face or a heel, and seeing the psychology about being a heel was very interesting.

Strongest recommendation.

ENGROSSING. FUN. , June 24, 2017
by Danielle (The Wild West)
Related reviews: choice of games
SLAMMED! is top-of-the-line CYOA/commercial Interactive Fiction, well-written and well worth the price of admission!

I know next to nothing about pro wrestling, but am enjoying every second of SLAMMED!, from the very cool, over-the-top characters I'm meeting to the backstage machinations of the industry. I am SO invested in my character, Alanna Roundhouse, and the journey she's making in this story!

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! The only thing I could wish for would be an option to adjust the font size!

If you enjoyed SLAMMED!...

People who like SLAMMED! also gave high ratings to these games:

Ash, by Lee Grey
Ash is an autobiographical story about the final days of life, and the loss of a parent.

Six, by Wade Clarke
Your name is Harriet Leitner, and you and your twin sister Demi turned six this morning! You're having a fancy dress birthday party, and this afternoon you'll be playing Hide and Seek Tip over in the park. You can't wait to catch all...

The Wand, by Arthur DiBianca
Explore the wizard Bartholloco's castle with the help of a versatile magic wand. Can you overcome his challenge? Can you levitate a rock? Can you slice a baltavakia? (Puzzle-oriented and family friendly.)

SLAMMED! appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Great games in a mostly realistic setting by MathBrush
These are games that for the most part don't contain magical elements or futuristic technology. This includes games where there might be magic or futuristic technology, but you don't know until the end. So several of these games do...

The following polls include votes for SLAMMED!:

Best Choicescript games by MathBrush
I've only played a few choicescript games, but I loved Creatures Such as We, The Race, and Scarlet Sails. What can you recommend?

Diversity in IF by The Xenographer
Most English-language IF that's set in something resembling the real world seems to deal with vaguely WASP-y types in the US, the UK, Australia, or Canada. What are some works that explore different settings from these and/or characters...

Worst IF Titles by diddlescatter
(Sorry, Fredrik, but your poll was such a great idea that I couldn't resist!) So here's the question: Which titles out there do you absolutely hate? Remember, it doesn't have to be a game you've actually played. In fact, maybe it's a...

This is version 5 of this page, edited by dutchmule on 6 September 2016 at 9:50am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item