Post-comp release
latest release
original competition entry
Solution (text)
Walkthrough and map
Verbose walkthrough and map by David Welbourn.

Tower

by Simon Deimel profile

Surreal

Out of the blue, and into the blue. And there you are, in a chamber, trying to find out what is going on. Everything is so unreal... what has happened to you? TOWER is a short interactive fiction with surreal elements.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2014
IFID: 248B769B-DF35-4C22-8831-6C8BFEDAFDED
TUID: ny2i4ekxsbefa4m4

21st Place - 20th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2014)

A short game of keys and doors and a dragon, June 3, 2016
Tower was the second game entered by Simon Deimel in ifcomp 2014, and to be honest, I prefer Enigma, a well-written drama.

This game, Tower, leans heavily on classic IF tropes: locked doors and keys, amnesia, a dragon, an unusual combination lock, a generic fantasy setting. The descriptions are spare, but everything runs fairly smoothly.

Still, I wouldn't mind playing this game again. It's fun wandering around and trying everything.

If you enjoyed Tower...