Post-comp release
latest release
original competition entry
Solution (text)
Walkthrough and map
Verbose walkthrough and map by David Welbourn.

Tower

by Simon Deimel profile

Surreal

Out of the blue, and into the blue. And there you are, in a chamber, trying to find out what is going on. Everything is so unreal... what has happened to you? TOWER is a short interactive fiction with surreal elements.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2014
IFID: 248B769B-DF35-4C22-8831-6C8BFEDAFDED
TUID: ny2i4ekxsbefa4m4

21st Place - 20th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2014)

A short game of keys and doors and a dragon, June 3, 2016
Tower was the second game entered by Simon Deimel in ifcomp 2014, and to be honest, I prefer Enigma, a well-written drama.

This game, Tower, leans heavily on classic IF tropes: locked doors and keys, amnesia, a dragon, an unusual combination lock, a generic fantasy setting. The descriptions are spare, but everything runs fairly smoothly.

Still, I wouldn't mind playing this game again. It's fun wandering around and trying everything.

Tower, October 14, 2017
by NoiselessPenguin (London, UK)
So I'm in a tower... this seems to be fantasy land with some modern elements like a neon tube.

The implementation and the level of hints were good, but the puzzles were ... puzzling. I donít understand the vase puzzle and the red door at the end of the corridor.

What is up with the response to Ďtake allí when you drop items after the big bad attacks you? ďOne at a time, please.Ē Iíve just dropped all my stuff and I want it back fast. Why am I having to type the name of every single object like itís 1980? I bet even Scott Adams games let you GET ALL.

Itís reasonably well implemented and the hint system is cool Ė the sphere is an imaginative touch. However, the plotís weak and I solved several puzzles without understanding what I was doing.

If you enjoyed Tower...