Lost and Found

by Felicity Drake profile

Mystery

Jun lives on a bench in Edogawa Park. He's come to know the neighborhood, and it unsettles him when one of the daily commuters disappears: Ms. Ishii, a schoolteacher. Why did she go missing, and why is no one else looking for her?

An interactive short story with three possible endings.

First Publication Date: March 15, 2018
IFID: 71034321-607F-48ED-8EA4-42F4EEE2BF7E
TUID: ntty23xwy1njd98p

Short, interesting read about taking the unconventional route, March 22, 2018
An introspective story with a twist ending. The message I got from this narrative (depending on the ending) was that taking the road less traveled may lead to happiness.

The author's understanding of Japanese culture mixed with photos of Japanese streets creates a sense of authenticity and immersion.

Nice read!, March 17, 2018
Lost and Found plays in modern day Tokyo, but not in the glitzy entertainment districts, but in the unhurried suburbs. The player is a homeless tutor who lives in a park near a school and encounters a female teacher who leaves an enduring footprint in his life.

The setting is fresh and well fleshed out. As a game, Lost and Found sucks as it's just a gamebook with merely a handfull of choices to make. But the writing is good, the story is good, the pacing is good, and so it's a good read. Done in 15 minutes, but it's exciting and emotionally affecting. Recommended for people who love fresh settings and who don't expect a game to be an actual game.

An intriguing short story about a missing woman in Japan, September 19, 2018
I played this game because it has been one of the most-rated games this year. It's a short-to-mid-length Twine game set in Japan with three endings.

I gave this game/story 5 stars based on my criteria:

-Polish. The writing is smooth, the images add to the story, and the structure seems thought-out.
-Interactivity. I wanted to pursue the main thread of the story but feel like I had some investment. This game is fairly linear and branches in some "do you want to win or not win?" kind of ways. But it worked for me.
-Descriptive writing. This story is vivid and very descriptive.
-Emotional impact. I found the story effective from two angles: one about a man showing concern for a fellow human, and another angle where the protagonist is a deeply concerning example of a man believing that he has the privilege to become obsessed with and interfere with a woman's life.
-I would play this again.

If you enjoyed Lost and Found...