Everybody Dies

by Jim Munroe

2008

Cool Game, May 1, 2012
I played this game and was amazed by the graphics that went along with it!

I found it fun and interesting to play through. In the game (I'm not sure if this is much of a spoiler but) (Spoiler - click to show) everybody dies and then you have to stop that from happening. It was great

Jump in, the water's warm, February 1, 2012
by DCBSupafly (USA)
Author Jim & Illustrator Michael have gone to great lengths to make Everybody Dies an enjoyable experience for anyone across the (wide) spectrum of IF players.

For the hardcore, there's at least a minimum amount of puzzling to be had, and deep enough implementation. For the IF newbie, puzzles are mostly simple, building in complexity to the end, and stopping short of hand-holding, it won't let you lose. There is a wonderful lack of the empty, static, unpopulated feelings so prevalent in many classic adventures; There are changing landscapes, interactions with other characters, humor, and occasionally a little emotion.

In terms of accessibility, it's Mac & Linux playable and if you're a Windows user and wondering what an interpreter even is then grab the .exe. It's ready to go!

Accessibility alone is no reason to play IF, but this one has interesting characters, engrossing story-telling, beautiful illustrations, and Canadian slang! I especially appreciate the game's ability to instill a sense of urgency and high stakes without rushing or punishing me at all!

Complaints? Some of the changes I made to my surroundings weren't noticed by the multitude of narrative voices. With the .exe player, you can't scroll up. So, really, negligible stuff.

Definitely play it!

Achingly pointless, April 19, 2010
by Andreas Teufel (Poland)
no need to waste any more time on this stinker, boring setting, lame-ass characters, non-story, inadequately explored fantasy elements (which is enough for a 1 in my book most of the time, yet a staple for some reason), people SHOOTING you for NO REASON (I mean he's a sith, ahem sikh, he's SUPPOSED to have a dagger at all times), no deeper meaning, but that's a staple as well, I barely need to mention that

pass this one, for your own sake

A stunning example of multimedia IF, January 2, 2009
by Molly (USA)
In Everybody Dies, you play as three different people who've (Spoiler - click to show)died in some way, and the point of the game becomes the (Spoiler - click to show)prevention of their deaths. One of the best parts of Everybody Dies are the graphics, which in parts of the game serve as a visual metaphor to go along with the action. However, if that were the only thing to recommend about Everybody Dies the game would be stale indeed. The writing of the player characters is funny and vivid, and their differing perspectives give much flavor to the game. Well recommended.