Mrs. Crabtree's Geography Class

by Andrew Schultz profile

Slice of life
2012

A challenge to go through all 48 US states without hitting any one twice!

Well, actually, A playfic.com project exploring relations in Inform 7. The source is visible, so people can see how to create and define relations e.g. bordering, almost-bordering, skip-bordering (A and B don't border each other but border C.) Also, I tried to add a few other bells and whistles. Hopefully people will enjoy stealing the code or coding ideas. But not the game. Mrs. Crabtree would be disappointed in you!

First Publication Date: May 1, 2012
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
IFID: EBB481B7-B422-4B7B-9419-DCCBE6DFC308
TUID: k1y9t9tm02vl1s

My nine-year-old had a blast with this, August 2, 2017
I recently showed this game to my nine-year-old son. He had a lot of fun with it, spending a couple of hours playing it over a few nights. He even went so far as to ask me to print out some maps of the U.S. so that he could practice finding routes from state to state.

Overall, my son really enjoyed the game, and it increased his knowledge of U.S. geography. A win.

I wouldn't really call this "interactive fiction," although it is parser-based. It's more of a text-based mini-game. Thus I don't feel I should give it a star rating.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Andrew Schultz on 22 February 2013 at 1:05pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item