Cursed v2
Contains cursed.taf
Includes game file, help file and game map.
Requires an ADRIFT version 4 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Cursed

by Nick Rogers profile

2011

Accused of murdering your best friend, you are about to face the death penalty. But instead you are cursed, transformed into a beast and begin an epic journey to unravel the mystery of the real murderer, why your friend was killed, and undo the curse.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2011
Current Version: 2.1.10
Development System: ADRIFT
IFID: ADRIFT-400-0F4EEF79D818405C632E673FA3384154
TUID: jb091lzkdkb44n22

13th Place - 17th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2011)

News

Expand all | Add a news item

A complex adrift game allowing choice of abilities set in medieval times, August 1, 2017
Related reviews: about 2 hours
This is a large Adrift game, in which, after an extended prologue, you are cursed into a form of your choosing: rat, fox, or snake.

As an animal, it is your job to be restored to your original form and find your lost love, Princess Tevona.

Overall, this was done pretty well, but the Adrift parser was pretty frustrating (I used Adrift Runner 4.0).

If you enjoyed Cursed...

People who like Cursed also gave high ratings to these games:

The Blind House, by Amanda Allen
I scarcely know the woman at my side. I don't even know why she was the one I turned to. I can only hope that we haven't been followed, that she won't ask too many questions. The only choice left to me now is to trust her.

Color the Truth, by mathbrush
Rosalita Morales is dead, and you have to figure out who did it. The four people closest to her had the motive and the means: her partner, her secretary, her ex-husband, and her sister. Re-live their memories of Rosalita's last days to...

Andromeda Awakening - The Final Cut, by Marco Innocenti
The most important discovery in history. And then, the whole world goes crumbling down. Armed with but a computer and an expired railway ticket, how can one expect to save the day when the doomsday clock has begun ticking...?

Cursed appears in the following Recommended Lists:

ADRIFT Authors' Iconic Works by DB
I have attempted to assemble a list of some major (and some minor) authors for the ADRIFT platform along with a game iconic of their style. The games are listed by seniority of the authors, where seniority is determined by the year of an...

This is version 11 of this page, edited by phkb on 25 March 2013 at 10:08am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item