Competition version

Toiletworld

by Chet Rocketfrak

ToiletWorld: it's time to enter... the world of toilets.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2016
IFID: 0DAC4931-3BFE-4ABC-A0FD-04B035B1449B
TUID: jax8qpmmfac43gdn

Referenced in Toiletworld Omega, by Brian Kwak

58th Place - 22nd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2016)

The Breakfast Review
All right. So the world is full of, ah, plumbing fixtures (toilets) as well as being a giant plumbing fixture (toilet) and the room descriptions are full of "to do" notes, which I believe are meant to be humorous rather than actual "to do" notes. Even if the things to be done haven't been done. I have nothing that wants doing, and exploration feels just slightly more interesting than watching paint dry, but less than watching paint peel off the walls.

I have to pipe up about this one, October 1, 2016
by Steph C
Related reviews: IF Comp 2016, toilets
Here I sit, brokenhearted by a game which utterly failed to bowl me over. I only logged a few minutes before realizing there was squat to do; the author seems to have pooped out before adding most of the content, and what little he did manage to push out was pretty corny. The game is flush with mentions of toilets-within-toilets, like turduckens, and they appear in loo of any actual story, jokes, or puzzles.

In a word, it's shitty.

Exactly What You'd Expect, November 17, 2016
I realized from the get-go that this was likely to go straight down the tubes, but I was vaguely intrigued by the promise of sophomoric triviality. I moved around a bit from toilet to toilet, came to the conclusion that there was nothing more to see here, and slapped a score on it. I was slightly amused so I gave it a 2/10. I don't even know how to use Inform 7 and I'm pretty sure I could have tossed this together in about 15 minutes. On the other hand, it appeared that the author continued to develop the game long after I had finished playing it. I think I could say that playing this game kind of made me feel like crap; so I guess in that respect, it was quite effective, even genius perhaps. Nah...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by verityvirtue on 22 November 2016 at 12:36pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item