Story File (release 2)

TUID: hy06tvz613jexr3q

Nominee, Best Individual Puzzle - 2014 XYZZY Awards

Commended - ShuffleComp 2014

Commended, June 4, 2014
by Doug Orleans (Somerville, MA, USA)
Related reviews: Shufflecomp
Very short but polished and evocative with a decent emotional heft. The one puzzle was difficult but fair, and I felt clever when I solved it without hints. And the end notes managed to convince me that the game did incorporate all 8 songs: no mean feat!

Short and sweet shufflecomp game, February 3, 2016
This Shufflecomp game has essentially one real puzzle but has another meta puzzle.

You explore a junkyard, thinking about your significant other. You are looking for something; this is the 'real' puzzle. But you, the reader, are trying to understand the relationship of the narrator with their significant other, and that, I feel, is a better puzzle.

Very short, but very good. Like all shufflecomp games, it was inspired by a song or songs randomly selected from a list, in this case, eight different songs! Finding out how each song is incorporated (in the author's notes) is as fun as the rest of the game.

Short, Frustrating, Entertaining., October 31, 2014
by Tristano (Italy)
I really enjoyed this short work of IF. The story is set in a very small world, yet the narrative manages to build-up into the player's mind as he explores the environment. Usually I find frustrating IF games horrible to play, but in this specific case frustration and challenge go hand in hand.
After a few moves you realize that you've explored all there is to explore in the story game, and you realize that there are few items to interact with. At all times you know that the solution is right in front of you, but you just can't work out how to unravel the puzzle.
There is a beauty to its prose, it manages to be simple but evocative, and the player straight away realizes that clues are hidden in plain sight as far as descriptions go.
It'a a kind of all-or-nothing situation--you either solved the puzzle or you are still stuck with it. The solution naturally builds in the player's mind as he keeps attempting various actions and starts to tune-in with the story and it's peculiar use of language.
Well worth playing it, and not giving up to it! Avarage player should solve it within half an hour. Keep re-reading descriptions and weigh every word in the text. Nothing is marginal.

If you enjoyed More...