Rites of a Mailmare

by Owlor profile

Part of The Saints of Horses

You are a Mailmare, delivering letters across the Lucidious Archipelago. Using the art of Oneiromancy you can remove the obstacles that stand in your way.

The game sends you on a randomized journey across an ocean inhabited by strange sea creatures and apparitions.

License: Public Domain
TUID: hqgmpzhvh3erow9y

A highly illustrated exploration game centered on a mail-delivering pony, June 10, 2016
This is a mid-length Twine game with large illustrations on each page.

You play as a pony sailing an ocean, delivering mail everywhere you go. You meet a variety of NPCS, encounter environmental effects, and so on.

The first time I played, I visited many different locations, none repeated, and relatively quickly found an imaginative and fun battle involving kinds of mail

My second playthrough, I encountered a lot of repeated locales and content, and it took a while to find the battle.

I would rate my first experience as a 4-star experience, and my second playthrough as a 3-star experience. Averaging and rounding up gives 4.

A good photo album, February 11, 2016
An unusual example of a Twine game which has good points, Rites of a Mailmare is little more than an excuse to show off some pictures. They are well drawn.

Although it should be a 2/5 by normal standards, it a 5/5 by Twine standards, hence the rating.

If you enjoyed Rites of a Mailmare...

People who like Rites of a Mailmare also gave high ratings to these games:

The Hours, by Robert Patten
Your new job as a time traveler may be harder than you thought. A simple heist in the ancient Library of Alexandria turns into a murder mystery. ONLINE PLAY: The status bar is essential to the game, but may not be displayed in the Play...

Reference and Representation: An Approach to First-Order Semantics, by Ryan Veeder
Violence is the answer to this one.

Carma, by Marnie Parker
"A Glulx Inform romp (with graphics and music)." [--blurb from Competition Aught-One]

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Owlor on 5 October 2016 at 3:05am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item