Itch.io version

Rites of a Mailmare

by Owlor profile

Part of The Saints of Horses

You are a Mailmare, delivering letters across the Lucidious Archipelago. Using the art of Oneiromancy you can remove the obstacles that stand in your way.

The game sends you on a randomized journey across an ocean inhabited by strange sea creatures and apparitions.

License: Creative Commons
TUID: hqgmpzhvh3erow9y

News

Expand all | Add a news item

A highly illustrated exploration game centered on a mail-delivering pony, June 10, 2016
This is a mid-length Twine game with large illustrations on each page.

You play as a pony sailing an ocean, delivering mail everywhere you go. You meet a variety of NPCS, encounter environmental effects, and so on.

The first time I played, I visited many different locations, none repeated, and relatively quickly found an imaginative and fun battle involving kinds of mail

My second playthrough, I encountered a lot of repeated locales and content, and it took a while to find the battle.

I would rate my first experience as a 4-star experience, and my second playthrough as a 3-star experience. Averaging and rounding up gives 4.

A good photo album, February 11, 2016
An unusual example of a Twine game which has good points, Rites of a Mailmare is little more than an excuse to show off some pictures. They are well drawn.

Although it should be a 2/5 by normal standards, it a 5/5 by Twine standards, hence the rating.

If you enjoyed Rites of a Mailmare...

People who like Rites of a Mailmare also gave high ratings to these games:

Scarlet Sails, by Felicity Banks
Hoist the Jolly Roger and set sail to find the legendary Titanís Treasure! Do you fight with a cutlass, or with your magical skill? Are you biding your time until you can shoot your captain in the back, or are you the reason the rum is...

Primer, by Christina Nordlander
Pulling the trigger. Winnable. Made in three hours for ECTOCOMP 2017. Content warning: violence against a family member.

The Tunnel, by Natalia Theodoridou
She will never lie to you. A young couple on a train journey across Europe enter a tunnel that is much longer than they thought.

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Owlor on 23 September 2017 at 1:53pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item